Are you planning to convert NSF file data into MBOX email clients. Then read about the solutions in this blog. Here, we will help you to know different ways to convert NSF to MBOX file format.
Before we share the solutions, let us know about Lotus Notes NSF and MBOX file formats.
Lotus Notes is an enterprise level email program. NSF is the default file format for data storage used in it. Lotus Notes comes with handy features to store collaborative business information, including email information with calendar data. Lack of flexibility to work and complications, organizations are switching to other formats like MBOX.
Why Move Lotus Notes NSF to MBOX?
MBOX file format is supported by many email clients including widely used Apple Mail. It organizes emails in a single text format. Each email message is stored after another, starting with the “From” header.
If your company is choosing Apple Mail or Thunderbird email client for MBOX, then you need to export NSF file to MBOX file.
Let us know the method to move NSF data to MBOX file format.
Convert NSF to MBOX Using Manual Method
Unluckily, no manual solution is available to switch NSF file data into MBOX format. But users can easily move contacts from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail. Let us find out it in details.
Export Lotus Notes Contacts
To export contacts from IBM Notes NSF file to Apple Mail (MBOX), you have to save the address book to CSV format.
- Save all contacts from CSV file. Load IBM Lotus Notes and open NSF file containing contacts.
- Go to File tab on taskbar and click
- In Export dialog box, browse location where you want to save CSV file. Now, click on drop-down arrow next to Save as type
- Go with Comma Separated Value in options and hit Export
After successful import of contacts to CSV file, import this file to Apple Mail with the given steps:
- In first step, create a group in Mac address book. To do so, open Apple Mail, click on File tab and then choose New Group in options.
- Name this new Address book group.
- Now, pick this new address book group, click on File tab and then choose
- Choose CSV file that you want to import and double-click on it.
- Ensure keep settings ‘do not import’ for fields that you don’t want to import.
- If CSV file that you are importing does not have header columns, uncheck ‘ignore first box’. Then, click
- Last, you need to choose whether you want to use existing contacts, replace them, add to existing contacts, or update existing contacts, for the addresses present earlier.
- Now, click on Import
Finally, the contacts are visible as a group on your Mac address book. If you need to export full data from NSF file to MBOX, go for the alternate solution.
Alternate Method to Convert NSF to MBOX
You can export contacts from NSF format into MBOX format with the above-discussed manual method. But for full data conversion, you need to take help of professional NSF to MBOX Converter.
The software is designed to smartly export emails from Lotus Notes to MBOX format with associated attachments. Taking a few minutes, NSF file data is seamlessly exported into MBOX file format. There is no risk of losing data to convert Lotus Notes to MBOX file format.
Having a friendly interface, no users face trouble in handling the software. Plus, you can preview complete NSF data before exporting into MBOX format.
Note: You can download the free trial to check the software functions by exporting first 10 items per folder.
Through this post, we have shared Solution to Convert NSF to MBOX file format. If you go for manual solution, it can be risky as well as lengthy so we recommend professional tool. It smoothly export Lotus Notes email data with attachments into MBOX format with 100% accuracy.