Are you a Eudora user having large database of email messages? And you have decided not to continue with Eudora, then read this blog where we will offer you an effective solution by which you can migrate from Eudora to desired email client like Outlook with all mailbox items. But before discussing the migration process, let us first discuss about Eudora and why users want to switch to MS Outlook from Eudora.
Eudora is an email application for desktop users that is supportable on both Mac and Windows operating system. It saves emails in MBOX file format that includes a group of emails in a single folder.
Before, the email client was free of cost but currently, it is commercialized and is available in forms such as sponsored, light and paid. The accessibility of various services like add-ons, security features, authentication, spam-filtering and many other features totally depend on the mode used by users. However, there are many drawbacks associated with it due to which users are moving from Eudora Mail to Outlook.
Why need to import Eudora Mail to Outlook?
The section will explain the causes of migration from Eudora to Outlook.
- Switching from one company to another where Outlook is used. In that situation to access Eudora mailbox data into Outlook, it needs conversion of Eudora emails to Outlook.
- Outlook offers high level of security and keep your email data safe from cybercrimes. Such data security is not offered by Eudora. So, users need to move to Outlook.
- Eudora is proved to be an outdated email client hence in search of better email clients, users move towards Outlook and this conversion is required.
How to transfer Eudora mailboxes to Outlook?
There are two ways for users to perform conversion of Eudora mailboxes to MS Outlook –
Solution 1. Manual Method
This method contains two stages:
Step 1. Move Eudora Mail to Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express application.
- Go to File and click on import and then choose messages
- Click on Eudora Pro or Light and then click Next.
- Browse the location where Eudora are saved. In Eudora latest versions, the default destination path is (C:\Documents and Settings\(local account name)\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora)
- Select required folder or entire folder and click Next.
- Click on Finish button.
Step 2. Export Outlook Express mailbox items to MS Outlook
Now, all Eudora mailbox data is exported from OE to MS Outlook. If you are implementing this email migration, you need to be very careful as minor mistakes can lead to severe data disaster condition. To get rid of this problem, you need to create backup of mailbox data of Eudora. Apart from this, deep technical knowledge of email account configuration is required. Thus, this method becomes time-consuming and can’t be implemented on large scale. Also, the mentioned process is applicable only for Outlook 2007 and below versions.
Solution 2. Automated tool to transfer Eudora Mail to Outlook
Due to the limitations of manual solutions, it is highly recommended to use a professional tool that can migrate Eudora mailboxes to Outlook with complete data security. By using Sysessential Eudora Converter, users can easily achieve the migration task within a few minutes. Moreover, this software supports all versions of MS Outlook. The software performs the migration of Eudora mailboxes to MS Outlook in single and batch mode. It keeps folder hierarchy intact throughout the conversion process. Apart from PST format, the software supports conversion of Eudora emails into EML, MSG, HTML, etc. formats.
Complete guide to import MBOX to Outlook
- Download and Launch this Eudora to Outlook Converter Software on your system.
- Select desired mode and add Eudora MBOX files.
- Find preview of Eudora MBOX files and select items to export.
- Select single or multiple PST format in Conversion options.
- Choose a location by click on the Browse button to save the converted PST file.
- Press the Convert Now button to commence importing Eudora emails into Outlook file format.
Once you get PST file, open this easily into MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and others with Import/Export feature.
Importing Eudora mailboxes to Outlook is not an easy task but after getting the best tool, the conversion task can be easily and smartly completed. With this write-up, we have first talked about manual method but if you want a reliable & error-free solution then go for professional software. This program is loaded with lots of amazing features to make the conversion task simpler. Go for free demo version before you apply for the license version.