OST is offline database file used by Microsoft Outlook. When you configure Outlook with Exchange Server, all data in Outlook is saved into OST file. This file is important for users as it provides data accessibility without internet connection. The changes done in offline mode will be synchronized when connection is established. OST file holds all data items that include contacts and calendars.
Ways for exporting OST file contacts to Outlook PST file
Because of various reasons, users need to export OST contacts into PST file. Here, we will explain how one can easily export OST contact items into PST file.
- Manual Method
- Expert recommended solution
Method 1. With Import/Export feature of MS Outlook
Import/Export feature of Microsoft Outlook can help users to export contacts from OST data file to PST file. However, you can use this solution when users are connected to server through Exchange profile.
- Launch MS Outlook application. Go to File menu, point to Open & Export and finally, click on Import/Export option.
- In opened Import/Export wizard, go for Export to file and then point to Next button.
- Pick option .pst and tap to Next button.
- Now, choose Contacts and press Next button.
- Use the Browse button and choose location for saving file and press Finish button.
- You can create password for PST file if required. Otherwise, press Next button.
Export Contacts of OST file using Expert Suggested Software
The main disadvantage users are facing with manual way is it needs to be connected to Exchange Server during contacts export. Also, conversion is not possible with manual solution when your OST file is in damaged state or when Exchange Server is down. In this situation, you can use third-party OST to PST Converter. This software comfortably export contacts from OST file into importable format of Outlook i.e. PST file format.
Without much effort, OST data items are converted into PST file. This program also allows saving OST contacts into CSV and VCF formats. This program considers OST files created in any Outlook or Exchange version.
- Launch and Start the software for exporting OST contacts items into PST file.
- Now, upload one or more OST files as per your needs.
- Find OST database preview on your screen.
- Choose PST format for exporting contacts of OST file.
- Now, provide location where you want to save PST file.
- Press Export button.
In few clicks, get all contacts of OST file into your PST file.
The best part of using this software it can work even Exchange is down or your OST file is damaged. Moreover, Outlook installation is not mandatory for exporting OST contact items into PST file format.
Major attractions of using automated solution
- It smoothly considers OST files which are damaged and orphaned.
- No Exchange Server connectivity is mandatory for OST file contacts export into PST file.
- No barriers are imposed on OST data file size
- This valuable program supports all Exchange Server and Outlook versions.
- Get detailed preview of OST contacts before exporting into PST file
- Offer exporting selected contact items from OST file to Outlook PST
- Cent percent safety to OST file structure and contact attributes
- Try it for free yourself by downloading trial version
- Easy handling program that provides instant export of contacts
This article has shown you methods to export OST contacts data to PST file in both cases. You can use manual technique when Exchange Server and Outlook is working normally. Otherwise, automated program is suggested which works in all cases. To know this software deeply, download free demo edition.