Both Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are popular email services among users. Lotus Notes supports NSF file format to store all mailbox data whereas MS Outlook supports PST format. Due to various reasons, many users wish to Convert NSF to PST file Format. Outlook renders multiple amazing features which attracts users. NSF file can be accessed directly into Outlook therefore the conversion is needed. So, in this guide, we will provide you the best and trusted methods to convert NSF to Outlook PST file format.
Prior moving to the process of NSF to PST Conversion, let us focus why there is a need for conversion.
Why NSF file to PST file format conversion is required?
There are plenty of reasons for which users want to convert NSF to PST file format. Here we have discussed some common reasons behind NSF to PST conversion:
- MS Outlook is more cost-effective email application as compared to Lotus Notes.
- Job switch can be the reason if the new working place is using Outlook email client.
- Outlook application is friendly and much simple to use.
- Multiple account configuration simultaneously in Outlook can be easily done.
After knowing the reasons to export Lotus Notes file to Outlook PST format. We will move and see how manually the conversion can be done.
Free (manual) technique to export NSF to PST file format
Manual technique can be used to convert NSF to Outlook PST file format. The process of conversion can be lengthy and complex so it is highly suggested to save a copy of the original file to minimize the risk of data loss due to human errors. The complete process is categorized into two parts – exporting NSF data into CSV file and import CSV file into MS Outlook.
So, let us know the complete process.
Step 1. Export NSF file into CSV file
- Open IBM Lotus Notes application.
- Go to File tab.
- Click on Open button and choose Lotus Notes application
- Browse to select NSF file to export and click on Open.
- In File menu, choose Export option
- Enter file name, saving type and location for the file.
- Choose Comma Separated Value format
- Select options as per your needs in CSV export dialog box.
- The data will be saved at the defined location.
Step 2. Import CSV file into Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Open File menu
- Choose Open & Export option
- Select option Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file.
- Select file type as Comma separated Values.
- Click on Browse button and select CSV file path
- Select location where you want to save the exported file
- Click on Finish button.
This is how CSV file is imported into Outlook.
The above-mentioned manual method is free of cost but there are several limitations with this method.
- Complex and lengthy method due to huge number of steps
- Select NSF file items export is not possible with it
- Batch conversion is not possible with manual method
- Risk of data loss is involved
- Need users to be technically trained
- Users may face trouble in conversion of large size NSF file
Third-party tool to convert NSF to PST file format
Due to the drawbacks of manual solution to convert Lotus Notes to PST format. So, to overcome all these limitations, users are suggested to go for third-party solutions which provides effortless and secure conversion process. You can use effective NSF to PST Converter Tool which is capable of performing bulk conversion of NSF files. Any user without technical guidance can perform the conversion using this brilliant utility. The program offers instant and amazing features for easy and effortless conversion.
Steps with professional NSF to PST Converter-
- Install and Launch Lotus Notes to PST Converter Software on your system.
- Add any size NSF file by using the Browse button.
- Check NSF file database in preview pane and click on Export button.
- Make sure to choose PST format. You can choose all folders or selected data to export from NSF file.
- Use the Browse button and set a location to save PST file.
- Press the Convert Now button and this will directly export NSF file items into Outlook PST file format.
This is how Lotus Notes NSF file is accessible in MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and others.
Key features of the software
- Easy and direct export of Lotus Notes mailbox data such as emails, contacts, notes, tasks, calendars, etc.
- Batch conversion of Lotus Notes emails with attachments into Outlook PST file.
- Provide instant scan and preview feature.
- Selective items/folder export from Lotus Notes NSF file
- No file size barriers, smoothly convert any large NSF file into PST file
- Demo version is provided for free evaluation prior buying this software
- Keep NSF file structure and email components intact throughout the conversion
- Friendly interface for smart conversion even by non-tech users
- All versions of Lotus Notes, MS Outlook and Windows are supported by the software
Time to sum up
Thousands of users are asking for switching from Lotus Notes to Outlook therefore in this article, we have discussed two different solutions for the data conversion. A free manual method is discussed which comes with limitations and risk of data loss is there with it. So, it is highly suggested to use professional NSF to PST Converter which offers easy and hassle-free conversion of Lotus Notes NSF data to Outlook PST file format. Users are free to evaluate the software working with demo version.